Minutes of the Meeting to be held on Saturday 4th November 2017
The Fieldhead Hotel, Markfield Lane, Markfield LE67 9PS
The following were in attendance
Helen Reaney – Secretary
Dave Lee – acting Chairman in place of John Farley for the day
Clubs in attendance making the meeting quorate
Downlands – John Joyce
East Anglia – Lesley McFayden and Gem Rowe
East Midlands – Maureen Ward and Janet Higgins
North East – Archie Bryden acting for the Club as well as Lead Health Co-Ordinator
North West – Elaine Norton
Notts & Derby – Mick Smith and Kirsty Summerfield
SBTC – Alan Hedges and Paddy Enfield
Before the meeting commenced the Secretary informed the meeting that John Farley was unable to attend and therefore was the room in agreement for Dave Lee to chair the meeting. It was unanimously agreed
1. Apologies for absence. Karon Jackson, John Farley, Alice Levy, Potteries, Southern Counties, South Wales. No apologies from Scottish or Merseyside
2. Minutes of the meeting held on Saturday 8th April 2017 & matters arising.
Proposed as a true Record – EM/2nd Notts & Derby
3. Correspondence & matters arising.
Various correspondence was read out however there were two main items which were voted up
4.1. Chairman’s Report. – None
4.2. Secretary’s Report. – See attached
4.3. Public Relation Officer’s Report. - None
4.4. Kennel Club Breed Liaison Officer’s Report. – None
5. Health Issues & Lead Health Coordinators Report. Archie handed out his report. This was quite a lengthy debate regarding Blue to Blue matings and the DNA Control Scheme and DNA testing. It was agreed that we would host a seminar and invite Bill Lambert Health & Breeder Services Manager and a couple of other speakers. It was agreed that Archie and the same team as last time would organise the event, they being N&D delegate, EM delegates and EA delegates. This has now been booked as Saturday 27th January 2018 at the KC Building Stoneleigh.
6.1 Proposed by Notts & Derby – That the Judges Competency Framework is a regular Agenda item to enable the Breed Clubs to discuss the Kennel Clubs proposals during the transition period. This proposal was 2ndd SBTC – For Unan
6.2 Proposed by the SBTC – To discuss and agree a way forward from the Breed Clubs/Breed Council regarding the new Kennel Club Judging Competency Framework and how as a Breed we should address this. This proposal was 2ndd Downlands For Unan
7. Matters brought forward by delegates for discussion.
The two main matters brought forward had already been discussed earlier in the meeting. The new Judges Competency Framework and Blue to Blue matings and DNA profiling, Health Testing and Control Scheme.
8. Free discussion period on the Staffordshire Bull Terrier. None
9. A.O.B. Topics had been discussed in Matters brought forward
10. Date of next meeting Saturday April 14th, 2018
Meeting closed at 14.25pm
Helen E Reaney (Hon Secretary) - Circulated to all Member Clubs 2nd Dec 2017